Drift Capital Partners is an alternative asset management company based in Charleston, SC.
Drift was formed to provide a select group of qualified high net worth individuals, institutional investors, and family offices access to unique investment opportunities through an array of asset classes. Drift’s core principles are reflected in their due diligence, investment selection, diversification within unique asset classes and risk mitigation techniques. Drift's principals coinvest in every fund offering ensuring that Drift's interests are always aligned with investors.
Investment Managers / GPs
Caleb J. Goding, CFP ®
General Partner & Co-Founder
Caleb Goding is a Co-Founder and Managing Member of the Firm. Mr. Goding has extensive experience in accounting, business operations, asset management, complex financial planning and business consulting. Over the past decade, Mr. Goding has served as CFO and advisor to several privately held companies, high-net worth families, and partnerships where he was responsible for all strategic financial decision making and reporting.
Prior to launching Drift, Mr. Goding was a Managing Director for Roadstead Capital Partners where he was part of the investment strategy team and specialized in portfolio management and complex financial planning. Before his time at Roadstead, Mr. Goding was a Financial Advisor at Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC where he led the financial advisors in his peer group at the firm in advisory assets. Prior to his time at Wells Fargo, Mr. Goding’s experience included performing corporate financial statement accounting at Enterprise Holdings, Inc. as well as serving as CFO for Landtech Inc.
Mr. Goding is a graduate of the University of South Carolina - Moore School of Business where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree and double majored in Accounting and Management with an emphasis in Entrepreneurship. Mr. Goding is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional or CFP® professional. Additionally, Mr. Goding is a registered investment advisor representative (passed the Series 65 Exam).
McLean A.G. Wilson, M.S.
GENERAL PARTNER & CO-FOUNDER
McLean Wilson is a Co-Founder and Managing Member of the Firm. Mr. Wilson has extensive experience in alternative investments, asset based lending, asset management and capital raising for alternative investments, as well as operational experience with structured transactions, recourse and nonrecourse purchase agreements, back office operations, secured and unsecured transactions, negotiation, management and underwriting processes.
Prior to launching Drift, Mr. Wilson was Vice President of SouthStar Capital, an asset based lender primarily focused on factoring, where he assisted in the origination, structuring, closing and funding of over $260 million worth of factored assets. While at SouthStar, he gained experience with structuring collateralized and uncollateralized transactions, purchase and sale agreements, and recourse and non-recourse financing. At SouthStar, Mr. Wilson also structured and funded numerous equipment lease and purchase order financing transactions. Prior to this, Mr. Wilson was an investment advisor with ING Financial Partners and Money Concepts Capital Corporation with a focus on financial planning, portfolio management and investment planning. Prior to be being an investment advisor, Mr. Wilson was a Civil Engineer with Thomas & Hutton Engineering.
Mr. Wilson is a graduate of Clemson University where he earned a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in Civil Engineering. Additionally, Mr. Wilson is a registered investment advisor representative (passed the Series 65 Exam).
Each of our Advisory Board Members brings a unique set of skills to the table to help advise Drift’s Investment Manager.
Robert Kosian, MBA
The CapitaL Solutions Group
- Co-founder of The Capital Solutions Group, a private advisory firm that provides advisory services to closely-help companies, Private Equity Firms and lenders in the Middle Market
- Former Managing Director of NewStar Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: NEWS)
- 35 years of experience in corporate finance, leveraged transactions, corporate restructuring and DIP/reorganization financing
- Financed or invested $20 billion in 200+ transactions throughout his career
- BS (concentration in Finance) and MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Fred Sutterlin, MBA, JD
- Founder, CEO & Chairman of Pinnacle Reality Group, LLC and PRG Commercial Property Advisors
- Oversees all aspects of the company’s strategic planning, growth, investment advisory and brokerages activities
- Successfully represented clients and investors in the acquisition of multi million investment and commercial real estate assets
- Currently serves as a Director of Farmers Capital Bank Corporation
EDB MANAGEMENT, INC
- EDB Management, Inc. clients include BNY Mellon Bank, Morgan Stanley, IBM, Met Life, UPS and E.I. Dupont
- Responsible for over $40 million in real estate purchases and investments annually
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from the The Citadel
- Active member in the South Carolina Army National Guard and has been awarded the ranger tab, combat infantry badge, soldiers medal and bronze star
Ed Tiryakin, MBA
- Argentum Group provides financial consulting and wealth planning services with offices in Raleigh-Durham and Los Angeles
- 20+ years of experience in Private Equity, Corporate Finance and Asset Management
- Associate Professor at Duke University teaching Corporate Finance and Business Economics
- Registered Agent with NFL, NFLPA and NBA. Also, Registered Financial Advisor with NFLPA
National Cash Register
- Founded, built and sold Dynamic Systems after 15 years to NCR, a publicly traded company, in 2013
- Served on the product advisory board for Radiant Systems and assisted in product design and strategy
- Involved in multiple startups throughout his career
- Graduate of The University of South Carolina - Moore School of Business
New Growth Investments, LLC
- Entrepreneur with 12+ years of experience owning, managing and growing multiple businesses including real estate, consulting and restaurants
- Seasoned in operations, management, and identifying investment opportunities
- Currently employs over 300 people in the Charleston, SC area
- Graduate of Johnson and Wales with degrees in Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management